Thursday, September 11, 2008

Help!

Well, we have tried everything the doctor has told us to do, and Erica still isn't sleeping. (As you can see by the time of this post.) At this point, she is waking up 5-10 times per night. We don't take her out of the crib when she wakes anymore, unless it has been a good six hours and I know she is hungry. All it really takes is giving her a pacifier, or patting her bottom, or just reassuring her and she falls right back to sleep. But who wants to keep getting up to do that? Even with Justin and I taking shifts--Justin has the 10-2 shift and I have the 2-6 shift--it's still exhausting. So we would really like some suggestions from you all on what we can try. Those of you that are parents, and even those that aren't, we'd love to hear your ideas. I don't know if we're quite ready for the tough love stuff yet, but we're willing to hear anything at this point. Thanks for your help!

1 comment:

The Lynns said...

Hey! Mandy told me I should check out your blog...since we are having the same problem with Caden! I wish I could tell you that we have figured something out, but we haven't. He probably wakes up 8+ times a night, he is really restless, and now eats three times during the night as well. So, I feel your pain! :) We have been swaddling him which seems to work for the first part of the night, but the second half of the night he seems irritated by it. I will let you know if we find anything that works! And you do the same if you discover the magical cure!! Steph